Friday, April 14, 2006

A New Car


As I mentioned in the post about the wicker furniture, we have a new vehicle. It's a 2003 Jeep Cherokee. It replaces our Chevrolet van, the one that took us from California, across the country, and finally here to the Keys, two plus years ago. The van was still running well, but it had 130,000 miles on it and, worse yet, I was never comfortable driving it. Theo did nearly all of the driving, and it was him who had to go and do all the errands that need to be run here throughout the week.

It's incredibly liberating to me to be able to just hop in the car and go, rather than having to wait for Theo to take me to the market, or to ask someone else to drive me to an appointment at the doctor or the hair salon. A couple of days after we got the car I (mysteriously) found myself at a shoe store, and left with six pairs of shoes. (You have to be a woman to undertand!)

Right after we picked up the car, I was driving on Whitehead St. and spotted Tony on the sidewalk. Being very cool, I pulled up to show off the car. As I leaned over to the passenger side, I hit the button to lower the window on that side. The rear window went down instead, leaving Tony in stitches and me red-faced.

There are some more photos at our Shutterfly site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home