Wednesday, May 17, 2006

One of the Regular Irregulars















Well, I suppose that's how I'd describe myself, "one of the regular irregulars." How often am I here really? Let's put it this way, when I am back on Key West Island, it is an unusual day that I miss droppin' in on my friends at the Coffee Plantation.

So back to here did I get, two days ago, after taking off and doing one of the most fool-hardy acts a man of forty-one and a half years can do...I joined a full-blown circus! And I'm telling the truth.

But the funny thing is I really liked it, and I aim to head on out on the road again come September. I got the 'circus bug,' and I got it bad!

In the meantime, on Key West I am. And fortunately I caught up with Theo and Diane just in time to see Theo off before he left for Holland yesterday. Which was a nice little blessing as I am mighty fond of the both of em. Because besides the coffee and the coconut curry chicken soup, I think the world of the the owners of CP.

Now, how is it I wound up here, wearing my heart on my sleeve, and spelling all this out on a website? Well, Diane asked me to say hello and talk about myself a little, and let folks know I am back around.

You know, being King of Key West means that I get to wear a snazzy crown the one I picked up at Neat Stuff (on Flagler, just north of Kennedy), and that I get to work to help out my friends whenever possible. Including writing this here 'blog entry.' All in a days work.

But what I got to say about myself ain't much other than I am happy to be here and hope if you're reading this you make a point to come around and stop into Coffee Plantation. I mean, even if you are off-island. Heck, especially if you are off-island. Ain't a whole lot of anything goin' on around Key West, which is one of the best things about the place. But when I need something to be going on here on Key West Island, one of the locations I can find it when I'm looking for it is right here at Coffee Plantation. Can't beat it!

Alright, so yeah, I'm back again for awhile. And I'm a changed person again. And I love having great coffee available to me all the time for the first time in long time. What else is there to say? I just really have an appreciation for this place, and I appreciate the appreciation Coffee Plantation has for me!

(BTW, that picture of of me atop of this piece of writing? The one that makes me look more of a handsome fella than I honestly actually am? That picture was taken by none other than Theo hisself the day before I left for the circus. Which just goes to show, everyone one of us has at least one good picture in 'em!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home